***New Raters applying to score this program will be considered "Seasonal" and therefore, if interested, can apply for other seasonal programs only.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- California educators with a current California teaching credential or employment verification from a California school.
- Teaching experience especially in Science a plus but not required.
- Charter school teachers who may or may not have a teaching credential.
- Retired educators and other administrative staff with a teaching credential who are not current classroom teachers.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speakers encouraged to apply.
- Applicants, please be advised that for our CAST program: You must use a Windows PC running the most recent versions of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browsers must be used.
*Please be sure to upload your current resume and CA teaching certificate with your application.
Scoring Session Information
Beginning in March 2022, scoring is scheduled to occur several months a year.
Raters will receive training and certification. Raters who successfully pass the ETS certification exam will be eligible to score, with the understanding that scoring schedules will be based upon test-taker volume.
ETS reserves the right to withdraw an invitation prior to the scheduled scoring session based upon business needs.
Pay rate is $20.00 per hour for California Educators performing operational scoring and $11.05 per hour for certification and training.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Be able to score from secure home or office locations and have the necessary Internet-based scoring equipment. For security reasons, Raters cannot use shared office computers or work in public areas where information may be accidentally viewed, i.e. airport terminal, hotel lobby, Internet cafe, etc.
- Provide their own computer and ensure that all hardware and software is in good working order.
- Meet agreed-upon commitments to the scoring schedule and devote their full attention to the scoring process during the entirety of each scoring session.
- Work with an assigned Scoring Leader (SL) and Content Scoring Leader (CSL) in a manner that promotes teamwork and cohesiveness (i.e. attitude, initiative, flexibility, openness).
Hardware and Software Requirements:
*Due to compatibility issues, a Mac computer and Safari web browser are not allowed.
The following minimum computer requirements are necessary in order to use the ETS ONE® System:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.0, Windows 10.
- Browsers: Windows (Firefox 46.0 or higher, Chrome 48.0 or higher). Edge browser and Internet Explorer cannot be used.
- Cookies must be enabled.
- The pop-up blocker must be disabled.
- Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or higher must be installed.
- Adobe Reader 7.0 or higher must be installed.
- Adobe Reader add-on/plug-in must be enabled in the browser.
- Screen Resolution: The ONE application is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1400 x 1050 or higher. The minimum screen resolution is 1024 x 768. At this resolution, the user may need to scroll to view the entire page.
- Internet speed of 2mbps.
- A phone line that can make and receive calls while you are connected to the internet.
- Call waiting or voicemail.
- Speaking Raters must have headphones and use them when listening to audio responses.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is a Drug-free workplace.
A Recruitment team member will contact individuals having problems with accessibility or requesting accommodations within 2 business days to provide assistance and/or the information being sought.