- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- California Educators with a current California teaching credential or employment verification from a California school is needed
- Teachers currently teaching English are preferred.
- Scoring experience preferred.
- Graduate students and substitute teachers encouraged to apply
- Retired California educators with a California teaching credential who are not current classroom teachers (must be living in state of CA)
*Be sure to upload your current resume and CA teaching certificate with your application.
Scoring session information
Beginning in February 2019, scoring is scheduled to occur several months a year.
Raters will receive training and be required to pass certification exam. Raters who successfully pass the ETS certification exam will be eligible to score. Certification is required once a year.
The pay rate for scoring is $13.00 per hour. The pay rate for training and certification is $11.05 per hour.
Raters score from their home or office, under the supervision of an assigned Scoring Leader, using ETS's Online Network for Evaluation (ONE®) system.
The following minimum computer requirements are necessary in order to use the ETS ONE® System:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.0, Windows 10 (as of 9/25/15), or Macintosh OSX
- Browsers: Windows (Firefox 7.0 or higher, Chrome 24 or higher); Macintosh (Safari 5.0 or higher). Edge browser cannot be used.
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Pop-up blocker must be disabled.
- Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or higher must be installed
- Adobe Reader 7.0 or higher must be installed.
- Adobe Reader add-on/plug-in must be enabled in browser.
- Screen Resolution: The ONE application is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1400 x 1050 or higher. The minimum screen resolution is 1024 x 768. At this resolution, the user may need to scroll to view the entire page.
- Internet speed of 2mbps
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) - Download java and enable plug-in
- Download java - http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- Verify java http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
- Popup Blocker: Popup Blocker must be disabled
- Windows Media Player 9.x or higher
- Codec to play audio responses.
- A phone line that can make and receive calls while you are connected to the internet
- Call waiting or voicemail
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is a Drug-free workplace.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE provides reasonable accommodations and/or assistance to applicants with disabilities (including but not limited to special disabled veterans, veterans of Vietnam era, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans and individuals with known physical and mental limitations) on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICES’ Recruiting Department at HRRecruiting@ets.org.